Web UI & System Preferences
1. The preferences panel is accessed by clicking on the “Preferences” button as shown below.
2. Various aspects of the UI can be customized as presented in the “UI Preferences” tab.
Here you can set the size of the left panel and/or change the UI theme to one of your liking.
The UI also has a dashboard section that fills up with charts that provide visual statistics about your array’s data.
The dashboard presents its portlets by default in 3 columns. You can change the number of columns by setting the size of one or more of the 3 default columns to 0.
The dashboard will be covered in greater details in a following topic.
3. You can configure email notification to be alerted by email of various task execution results, SMART alerts, or disk failure.
4. You can configure SMS notification (if you have Google Voice) to be alerted by text message of various task execution results, SMART alerts, or disk failure.
5. Additionally, sound notification is available for SMART alerts and disk failure audible notification.
6. The dashboard provides file statistics by scanning your data disks and grouping the data statistics by file extensions.
A few default categories have been defined, which you can edit or remove. You can also add new categories to track.
7. The Web UI configuration DB is critical to managing your RAID arrays. As such, you should always maintain a proper backup of it. You can configure the UI to email you a compressed copy of the DB at scheduled time. Additionally, you can backup the DB to a given directory.
Note that this panel just sets the preferences for the backup task. The task needs to be scheduled through the scheduler for execution.
8. Some advanced features are hidden from your access and can only be enabled by the support staff as needed.
- 27 June, 2013 @ 8:49 [Current Revision] by admin
- 27 June, 2013 @ 8:39 by admin
- 27 June, 2013 @ 8:38 by admin
- 22 June, 2013 @ 20:04 [Autosave] by admin
- 22 June, 2013 @ 20:04 by admin
- 22 June, 2013 @ 19:56 by admin
- 22 June, 2013 @ 19:55 by admin
- 22 June, 2013 @ 19:33 by admin
- 22 June, 2013 @ 19:32 by admin