Your FlexRAID license is node locked (i.e., it is bound to the computer on which it is installed).
In most cases, you can upgrade select components on that computer without needing to re-activate.
However, for cases where key components in the computer are upgraded (motherboard + CPU – essentially you just have a new computer in the old case), the computer will be deemed to be a new computer.
A license transfer is required for new computers for as long as you are still using the old drives. So, if you are decommissioning an old computer or just relieving it from FlexRAID duties, you are allowed to transfer your license to a new system that will manage the exiting drives.
Note: You need a new license if key components in the computer are different as well as the drives. That is, if many of the drives in the system when first activated are no longer the same and key components have been replaced, you will not be granted a transfer.
It is expected that you will either acquire a new system or that your existing system will morph eventually to pass a threshold after which you will be required to acquire a new license.
Also, note that transfers between Windows and Linux are not allowed. Make good use of the trial to determine the platform you want to run.
The process to transfer your license has been automated and is as follow:
- Migrate all your drives to the new computer
- If using your old configuration database from the old setup, you might need to reset your activation through the WebUI by going to System Control Panel -> Reset Activation
- In all cases, when prompted to activate, opt for generating a Pre-Registration file
- Finally, log into the consumer portal and initiate the license transfer and pasted the content of the pre-registration file in the textarea as prompted.
- If you have issues with the automated transfer, please contract sales and start your installation using the free trial while waiting for sales response.
- 15 September, 2015 @ 0:42 [Current Revision] by Brahim
- 15 September, 2015 @ 0:41 by Brahim
- 15 September, 2015 @ 0:41 [Autosave] by Brahim
- 15 September, 2015 @ 0:39 by Brahim
- 15 September, 2015 @ 0:38 by Brahim
- 15 September, 2015 @ 0:31 by Brahim
- 14 April, 2014 @ 7:40 by Brahim
- 6 February, 2013 @ 14:56 by Brahim
- 4 February, 2013 @ 10:13 by Brahim
- 4 February, 2013 @ 10:12 by Brahim
- 20 May, 2012 @ 11:30 by Brahim
- 20 May, 2012 @ 8:37 by admin
- 4 May, 2012 @ 7:44 by admin
- 4 May, 2012 @ 7:43 by Brahim