If you get this error, it is because you are missing a registry key.
Please add the following registry entry to your system:
For 32 bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\BitBucket
For 64 bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\BitBucket
It needs to be a registry folder (not a DWORD).
In a DOS prompt run:
For 32 bit Windows: REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\BitBucket
For 64 bit Windows: REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\BitBucket
Also, right-click on your recycle bin icon and explicitly disable recycle bin for the pooled drive.
If the above is not resolving the issue:
- Make sure the above registry entry exists
- Make notes of your current drive configuration in the Cruise Control drive manager
- Delete the Cruise Control configuration such that all your drives are returned to you
- Using Windows Explorer, navigate to each drive create a dummy file and then delete that dummy file
- After doing the above for each drive, empty the recycle bin
- Right-click on the Windows recycle bin icon and choose properties
- There disable recycle bin for each of your drives
- Re-create your Cruise Control configuration adding the drives back in the same order as they were before
- Initialize the RAID choosing to use the existing parity data