I have installed FlexRaid on my Ubuntu fileserver, but encountered some issues that took some time to resolve:
OS fileserver: Ubuntu 11.10 Desktop
Installed danish locale, but uses the default en_US to keep it simple.
OS machine 2: Win7 Ultimate 64 bit
1. Invalid Encoding
This has nothing to do with FlexRaid, but “good to know” if you encounter the same issue.
Problem: Transferring files from my Win7 pc to fileserver with CoreFTP resulted in “Invalid encoding” resulting from filenames with scandinavian characters like Æ Ø Å.
Solution: Changed from CoreFTP to WinSCP wih “UTF-8 Encoding for filenames:=On”
I started with CoreFTP, but could not get it to work with UTF-8 as expected. Changed to WinSCP, and “Invalid Encoding” disappeared!
2. Scandinavian Characteres.
Problem: SnapShot Raid exclude filenames with scandinavian characters, and appear in log.log as “deleted”.
I installed the fileserver with default language english to minimize potential problems to a minimum with compability etc.
I’ve installed the danish locale da_DK in addition to the default en-US.
– make sure start-up script contains “export LANG LANGUAGE” as indicated in a couple of threads in old forum: http://openegg.org/forums/posts/list/341.page#3627
– edit /var/lib/flexraid/Locale.js in sudo mode, change from “var userLocale = ‘en_US’;” to “var userLocale = ‘da_DK’;”
SnapShot Raid is now syncing every file!
This is perhaps “common knowledge”, but my searching for a solution did not come up with a straight forward answer.
- October 28, 2011 @ 09:19:58 [Current Revision] by Brahim
- October 28, 2011 @ 09:19:56 by Brahim