1. Different disks of different makes and/or models will have different available disk space
2. Even disks of the same make and model will have different available disk space due to different disk health (bad sectors and whatnots)
3. Size of data is different from size of data on disk (that’s why Windows shows you the two values)
4. PPUs will also include the metadata information, which takes additional space
In practice, if your DRUs contain a lot of small files, you will find that your PPUs have more free space than your DRUs.
On the other hand, if your DRUs contain mostly large files, the metadata information hosted on the PPUs will tip the scale and your PPUs will have a little less free space than your largest DRU.
- 9 August, 2011 @ 9:52 [Current Revision] by Brahim
- 9 August, 2011 @ 9:52 by Brahim