Quick-Validate is more of a quick change reporting task that an actual RAID health validation task.
All it does is detect and report changes (looks for files deleted or changed).
It was created:
- for doing quick checks before running the Validate task or Verify task (if Quick-Validate reports changes, so will these tasks)
- for users wanting to script FlexRAID (determine the next action based on the reporting of Quick-Validate)
True health validation is done through the “full” Validate task or the Verify task.
Note that the Update task has a Quick-Validate logic built into it, and it certainly does not make sense to schedule a Quick-Validate before running it (outside of special scripting logic).
The Validate task does both change detection along with datarot (silent data corruption) detection through data checksum valiation.
The Verify task does bit for bit verification of the RAID.
- September 2, 2011 @ 12:15:23 [Current Revision] by Brahim
- September 2, 2011 @ 12:14:03 by xliv
- September 2, 2011 @ 09:38:17 by xliv
- April 15, 2011 @ 19:53:11 [Autosave] by Brahim
- April 15, 2011 @ 19:52:08 by xliv
- April 15, 2011 @ 18:22:26 by Brahim
- April 15, 2011 @ 18:22:04 by Brahim
- April 15, 2011 @ 18:19:30 by Brahim
- April 15, 2011 @ 18:18:51 by Brahim